Assumes administrative and operational oversight of daily activities in the various component programs of the MHA. Supports productivity and leadership aspects of each program. Works closely with the CEO in developing and administering operational and personnel policies. Must be able to function independently using good judgment and meeting the mission and vision of the organization. Assists in developing outcome measures and the collection and analysis of outcome data.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assists CEO with supervision of Team Leaders including development and
completion of annual performance appraisals.
2. Provides organization oversight in CEO’s absence
3. In conjunction with CEO and Administrative Core Team Members, identifies
program strengths and areas for improvement.
4. Oversees component Team Leader supervision of staff.
5. Provides liaison between the Executive Director and service components.
6. Makes sure each service has all reasonable resources needed to accomplish
program and organization mission.
7. Identifies and obtains training for staff that enhances team functioning.
8. Works with administrative team to identify and pursue funding resources.
9. Monitors provision of consumer advocacy throughout organization.
10. Recruits and hires Team Leaders
11. Works with Assistant Team Leaders to assure component integrity in Team
12. Represents organization at meetings/forums at direction of Executive Director.
1. Masters degree preferred or Bachelors degree required in a social service field and/or
substantial experience in mental health service delivery and administration.
2. Personal or family experience of mental illness preferred.
3. Excellent judgement and ability to make decisions autonomously.
4. Must be able to maintain and model appropriate professional boundaries.
5. Knowledge of mental health and other social service resources in Erie County.
6. Knowledge of, and commitment to MHA vision, mission, and values
7. Act 33/34 and 151 clearances
8. High level of understanding of recovery as it relates specifically to mental illness
9. Must have excellent organizational skills.
10. Assertive communication skills.
11. Computer literacy in Word and Excel.
12. Subscribes to ethical standards of confidentiality.
13. Team orientation.
14. A desire to help others by helping them to gain skills necessary to help themselves.
15. Very good skills in verbal and written communication
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, and hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision. Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. Noise level is usually moderate.
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Mental Health Association NW PA
1101 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16501
*Preferred application method: email
Deadline: August 15, 2018