Part Time, Non-Exempt
20 – 25 hours per week
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Technician is part of a small team responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Erie City Mission facilities, equipment and vehicles.
The role includes supporting a safe and healthy environment for the public, staff, program participants, guests and volunteers.
1. Position requires a person who is a capable leader, problem solver, self-starter, and has an attitude of service. The candidate should have the ability to work well with staff, program participants and volunteers.
2. Position requires a person that has knowledge of commercial building systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire and security, as well as basic carpentry and painting.
3. Position requires a person with an understanding of preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain, service, troubleshoot and repair property, equipment and vehicles including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, floor machines, laundry and kitchen equipment.
- Monitor and fulfill work orders in an efficient and timely manner. Prioritize tasks as necessary.
- Follow the maintenance calendar for regular, ongoing equipment service requirements, such as filter changes, lubrications, inspections, etc.
- Share responsibility to respond to emergency maintenance calls.
- Utilize web based maintenance management software.
- Maintain an inventory of the Mission’s tools and other accessories.
- Manage snow removal, salt walkways, entryways and outside common areas.
- Contribute to and participate with programs and processes related to weather hazards, fire prevention, and overall safety.
- Improve performance, efficiency and productivity by implementing effective methods and strategies.
- Suggest new processes when necessary and maintain a culture of quality.
- Coordinate and supervise vendors as needed.
- Lead, train and supervise program participants and volunteers contributing to the Facilities Department.
- Participate in ongoing education as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, program participants, volunteers and ministry staff.
- Willingness to sign and adhere to the Erie City Mission's Statement of Faith.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent
- Minimum of seven years of experience related to repair and maintenance of commercial building systems.
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
Background or training in commercial HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, as well as ability to read and interpret operation/maintenance manuals, technical data and construction documents.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Function well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptable and flexible to high pressure situations.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and web based research.
Please email Sandell Snyder at Sandell.Snyder@eriecitymission.org if interested in this position.