Executive Director - Environment Erie
Job Purpose Summary
Provide leadership for Environment Erie. Responsible for providing strategic vision and high-level management in the following areas: human resources, financial management, development, administrative functions, and both maintaining and expanding Environment Erie programs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the Position
• Provides overall direction to Environment Erie, including participation in the creation and promotion of the vision and strategic plan and for the office.
• Develop program fundraising plan including program budget, grant writing and reporting, solicitation letters, securing in-kind donations and ensuring grant requirements are met.
• Oversee fundraising and public relations operations assigned to others.
• Manage staff, including organizing staff structure and positions, providing clear expectations of duties and conducting regular performance reviews.
• Develop community support of the organization and its programs, including building a dynamic Board of Directors and securing partners who enhance the programs.
• Be one of the local or regional spokespersons for Environment Erie, raise programs’ visibility with education and environmental community and publicize good work of local communities.
• Oversee Environment Erie finances in consultation with the Board of Directors
• Ensure any contractual agreements and accountability standards with Environment Erie are adhered to.
Responsibilities of All Environment Erie Employees
• It is the responsibility of all Environment Erie employees to contribute to the mission and vision of the organization
Ideal Skills for Position
• Ability to effectively manage programs, staff and administrative functions
• Grant writing, networking and other fundraising skills
• Implementing fundraising campaigns, programs, and events
• Demonstrated writing, communication and presentation skills
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Innovative thinking
Ideal Experience for Position
• Demonstrated experience as a strategic, visionary, innovative and entrepreneurial thinker.
• Proven experience in program management and working with community-based or non-profit organizations.
• Minimum bachelor degree. Graduate degrees preferred.
• CFRE certification preferred.
• Comfortable in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be self-motivated and able to provide follow-through.
Salary/Benefits $57,000 to $65,000 – Commensurate with Experience
A benefits package is offered to all full time employees.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject titled “Executive Director”. Resume reviews will begin 12/4/17 and continue till the position is full. Tentative start date: January 1-February 1 2018.