Director of Development - Erie Regional Library Foundation
Erie Regional Library Foundation
PART-TIME DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Independent Contractor)
Under the supervision of and in consultation with the Erie Regional Library Foundation Board of Trustees, the Development Director will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all development activities, major fundraising activities and communications/outreach activities, by performing the following duties:
1. Maintain the donor database and paper records of contributors. Generate acknowledgements, queries, reports, exports, and any other collection data as needed.
2. Coordinate special events and maintain the event database used.
3. Develop and implement comprehensive outreach strategy that supports the fundraising efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing and distribution of newsletters, press releases, maintaining social networks, and providing updates for the fundraising web pages.
4. Serve as a foundation liaison to Library personnel and the Friends of the Erie County Public Library.
5. Prepare monthly updates of development efforts to foundation president accompanying invoice for services provided.
Qualifications: Willingness to grow in understanding of the Erie Regional Library Foundation mission and to further its implementation and to work effectively with ERLF Board of Trustees, Library staff, volunteers, members, and the community at large.
Must be detail oriented.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years’ development experience in similar environment. Knowledgeable about development strategies and comfortable in working with volunteers and Board members. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Knowledgeable about donor development systems, Database experience preferred.
Schedule: 20 hours per week
Office with desk and Wi-Fi is located at the Blasco Memorial Library –with option to work from home. Candidate will have own computer and printer. Office supplies will be provided.
Send resume with cover letter by December 15 to: Kristina Huber via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative start: January 2018