Director of Court Advocacy - Crime Victim Center of Erie County, Inc.
TITLE: DIRECTOR OF COURT ADVOCACY
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES: COURT ADVOCACY PERSONNEL
NATURE OF SUPERVISION: Weekly and as needed from Executive Director.
Responsible for the overall growth, development, and implementation of the Court Advocacy Program in Erie County and for all services delivered to victims/witnesses of violent crime. Ensures accurate and timely completion of all client related documentation. Performs after-hour on-call supervision of crisis staff, including taking some crisis calls. Counsels clients on as-needed basis. Duties are performed with a considerable amount of initiative and independent judgment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
1. Administer the Court Advocacy Program in compliance with PCCD Standards and agency guidelines.
2. Generate materials related to funding sources, including but not limited to applications, budgets, and reports.
3. Support, direct, supervise and evaluate Victim Witness personnel in matters of performance, procedure and policies of the agency. Take personal responsibility for developing employees. Confront performance problems directly.
4. Ensure all clinical documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner, adheres to confidentiality requirements and meets agency standards in regards to form and content.
5. Performs after-hour on-call supervision of crisis staff, including taking some crisis calls.
6. Counsel clients on as-needed basis.
7. Represent the agency in public presentations and with the media. Provide training to professionals as needed.
8. Act as a liaison to the criminal justice system.
9. Assist in preparation of fundraising proposals as required.
10. Act as designated Civil Rights Compliance Officer.
11. Participate in conferences, in services, training, seminars, team and staff meetings.
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, other agencies and the general public.
13. React productively to change and handle other tasks as assigned.
1. Flexibility in hours of work. Exempt position.
2. Be available for on-call supervision two (2) weeks per month.
3. Able to drive and travel. Provide copy of valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
4. Act 33, 34 and FBI Clearances.
5. Successful completion of minimum of seventy hours training in victimization issues.
6. Able to use computer programs currently in use in the agency.
1. Master’s Degree in human services field from accredited college or university, plus related experience.
2. Supervisory experience preferred.
3. Able to withstand emotional stress.
4. Flexible, able to tolerate many situations and personalities.
5. Able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
6. Able to read, analyze and interpret complex documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
7. Able to effectively present information and respond to controversial and complex topics one-on-one, before public groups, and before professional groups.
8. Able to write reports, business correspondence, procedural manuals, and materials for publication.
9. Able to define problems, collect data, established facts and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
10. Able to organize personal area and prioritize tasks effectively.
11. Able to sit for extended periods of time.
12. Possess auditory acuity to listen to people over the telephone and in person.
13. Possess visual acuity to read computer screen, correspondence, notes, reports, and technical
14. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds easily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. It is the responsibility of the candidate to inform the Executive Director of any and all reasonable accommodations that will be required.
Please forward resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 1/1/2018