Marketing, Communications & Events Manager - Junior Achievement of Western PA, NW Region
Title: Marketing, Communications & Events Manager
Organization: Junior Achievement of Western PA, NW Region
This position is a member of the northwest region staff located in Erie, and encompasses, but is not limited to the following: Marketing and communication responsibilities supporting all programs including fundraising events; educational programming; volunteer, board and teacher appreciations with an annual financial goal of acquiring a minimum of $50,000 in sponsorships. Coordinate the efficient operation of all events including developing marketing materials, secure prizes and sponsorships, recruit and work with event volunteers, and execute events. The position also involves traditional and digital marketing, and public relations such as the creation of content for and managing social media and all other media such as television, radio and print ads. The position requires a high energy, sales oriented/customer service team player to ensure communications and marketing for the 16 county region. Requires local and regional travel.
Marketing and Communications: 50%
• Ensures that the region is in alignment with all JA Brand specifications and collaborates with the marketing/communications staff in the Pittsburgh office.
• Develop marketing collateral, for fundraising and stewardship support Work with printing vendors as needed.
• Responsible for promotional presentations to community groups and constituents.
• Assist education program staff to conduct local program evaluation, collect data and create marketing materials based on information collected.
• Responsible for creating content for and management of social media, email marketing, media alerts, press releases, and meeting grant and sponsorship publicity requirements.
• Responsible to create and maintain media contact lists and relationships throughout the region.
• Updates and utilizes community websites that are available to promote JA programs
• Responsible for recruiting businesses for event participation and generating event income to ensure financial goals are meet.
• Accountable for developing a qualified sponsorship pipeline, document personal sponsorship contacts and activities.
• Responsible for soliciting and identifying prospects for in-kind donations for all events.
• Assists with preparing event revenue reports for senior leadership, committees and boards.
• Coordinates and executes all special events to include some weekends and evenings.
• Assists with incorporating the mission into events.
• Manage and monitor event management systems
Other duties: 10%
• Assists with JA special projects in the northwest region and JA of Western PA
• Occasionally volunteer in classroom and support education program managers as needed.
• Management of interns and volunteers to ensure event implementation and success.
• Develops a regional marketing budget in coordination with the Director of Finance and NW Region Executive Director.
• Plays key role in assuring data integrity in constituent management database
• Assist in management of invoicing for special events
Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or communications, and 1-2 years relevant experience in event planning, marketing, sales and customer service; or relevant combination of experience and skills. Microsoft Office, Adobe, Publisher, and Excel experience; and working knowledge of social media. Strong communications and interpersonal skills a must. Must have car and drivers license and be able to travel frequently.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
Application deadline: 9/30/17
Tentative start: November
Email Erin Sekerak via firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.