District Executive - Boy Scouts of America, French Creek Council
• Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
• Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
• Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers.
• Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned camps and activities.
• Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
• Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
• Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
• Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
• Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
• Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
• Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
• Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
• Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
• Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
• Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
• Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
• Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
• Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
• Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
• A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
• Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
• Preferably live, or be willing to live, in the District covered by this position within 60 days of employment. Cities included in the area are Titusville, Oil City, Franklin, and Clarion, PA located in Clarion, Forest, Crawford and Venango Counties in Northwest Pennsylvania.
All councils are equal opportunity employers, in addition to offering a competitive salary. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and ten holiday observances.
Expected start - July 2018.
Resumes accepted until the position is filled.
Please email Duane Havard with questions and/or to apply - email@example.com.